Quinoa Risotto is one of my favourite recipes when I haven’t got a lot of time, because it is so incredibly quick and easy to make. All you need, is quinoa, whatever veggies you have to hand, and cheese. Oh yes, and did I mention how incredibly tasty it is?!
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups stock or water
- 3 cups vegetables of choice, chopped
- 1½ cups grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Parsley to garnish
- Pulse vegetables in a food processor until chopped into small pieces.
- Add to a pan along with quinoa and stock/water and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer over a medium heat until the liquid has been absorbed (around 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in the grated cheese and cover for 5 min to allow cheese to melt and quinoa to fluff up.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a teacup, mould risotto into desired portion size and turn out onto serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Inspired by Kevin Lynch's Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa on Closet Cooking.