Gluten-free Date Almond Balls
These Gluten-free Date Almond Balls are nutritious, quick and easy to make, and only use five simple ingredients. They are also free from dairy and refined sugars. Your kids will love helping you make this recipe (and enjoy licking the bowl afterwards even more!)
- 1½ cups raw unsalted almonds
- 20 dates (soaked in warm water for 10 mins if dry)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 6 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until finely ground almond meal. Set aside.
- Process dates and coconut oil until a caramel-like consistency.
- Add vanilla and almond meal and pulse again until a dough forms.
- Roll into small balls.
- Spread the coconut on a plate and coat the balls in the coconut.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.